BioPACIFIC MIP Summer School
August 2 - 5, 2021
Are you working with advanced biomaterials at the interface of synthetic biology and material science? The BioPACIFIC MIP Summer School offers students, postdocs, faculty, technical staff, and industry researchers a week-long opportunity to learn more about scalable production of bio-derived building blocks and polymers from yeast, fungi, and bacteria.
The Summer School will specifically focus on:
- Automated high-throughput synthesis and characterization of bio-derived polymers
- Hierarchical computational tools and theory to enable flexible, inverse design
- Design-Build-Test-Learn (DBTL) experimental design to accelerate discovery of new high-performance materials
- Understanding the capabilities of the state-of-the-art equipment available at BioPACIFIC MIP
- Mentorship and networking
Instructors include experts in the biomaterials field from academia and industry, BioPACIFIC MIP faculty, and staff versed in the BioPACIFIC MIP equipment.